The Narara Public School Parents and Citizens' Association is a dedicated group of parents, teachers and interested citizens that work to provide financial and organisational support to the school. The P &C is responsible for:
- Providing opportunities for school decision making.
- Bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation;
- Providing facilities and equipment for the school;
- Encouraging parent and community participation in curriculum and other educational issues at the school;
- Co-operating with teaching staff at public functions at the school.
A P&C meeting is a public forum for discussion of points of specific interest to the school and its community. We discuss fundraising events, school infrastructure, and other important issues. The P&C owns and manages key facilities at the school including: the Canteen and the Uniform Shop. Meetings do have a structured approach but generally we try to keep things informal beyond this. It is a great place to learn about what goes on behind the scenes in terms of running and funding the school. It is also a place to raise issues of concern or make suggestions with regard to specific issues. The school principal is an integral part of our meetings and provides information and guidance to us.